Relaxing in the Rainforest-Ecuador

Relaxing in the Rainforest-Ecuador
Natalie and Grandma

Saturday, December 24, 2011

 Christmas has crept up on us and suddenly it is here.  My jewelry sales have picked up some so I've been busier this year selling and shipping jewelry.  This last year has been a real experience for me.  Selling to the public on an Etsy site, having jewelry in a shop in town, and selling it at the high school is a totally new experience for me.  I have enjoyed every minute of it.  There is such a feeling of satisfaction that comes from selling something that one has made themselves.  It is an affirmation and boost to the ego when someone chooses to purchase something and give it as a gift or keep it for themselves.  It is a really good feeling.  Makes those slow times less upsetting for me.  I love making jewelry and hope that my success continues to grow.  I'd love to complain next year how it is so hard to keep up with the sales and how I've been so busy shipping and making jewelry that it is hard to do much of anything else.

 I also took up knitting recently and have had a great time learning all the stitches and knitting different things.  I started with fingerless mittens and dishcloths that I have given as Christmas gifts.  I'm going to keep practicing and see what else I can knit.  I never thought that I would enjoy knitting.  Jeremy said that I've finally really gotten into grandmother mode.  He can just see me sitting in a rocking chair, knitting, and listening to Ozzy Osbourne while I knit.  Funny kid.  But he is correct.  Just not about the rocking chair....

 I have included photos of my latest pieces that I listed on my Etsy site.  Go there for the descriptions of the pieces and prices.  I hate trying to write descriptions and don't do a very good job of it.  If I could just make the jewelry and have them magically appear on my Etsy site with all the "paper work" done for me that would be great.  It seems like it just takes forever to list things.



I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.  I sure wish we had a longer break so that I could get more stuff done, but at least we aren't under 12 feet of snow.  Just hope we get the snow later.




No comments:

Post a Comment