Relaxing in the Rainforest-Ecuador

Relaxing in the Rainforest-Ecuador
Natalie and Grandma

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Zip line














As we were leaving Mindo J. and C. talked me into doing the zipline. We went to Mindo Canopy Adventure and they got J., Lydia, Clara, and myself all hooked up and ready to zip.
The girls zipped with a guide, then I was next. It was a little heart-pounding at first but, when I got out over the canopy it went too fast! I wanted to really look out over the forest. I was about 600ft over the rainforest canopy and it was really fun. We had to hike up a bit which at the altitude and heat was very hard for me. Then it was another hook-up and zip back to the beginning. I must say that it was incredible to be so high above the forest and looking down. I think I would love to do some of the other lines (they have a course of 13).
We went into Mindo and looked around for a bit and stopped at Choco Arte, a tiny chocolate/coffee shop. The owners grow and roast their own cacao beans and make great chocolates, brownies, etc. They showed us how they roast the beans in a small roaster that they turn by hand. I bought some coffee for a gift and I guess it is VERY strong coffee.
Here is the web site for the incredible soap: www.huertaflordecactus.com. They charged me $4 a bar for the soap, but not sure with shipping what the end cost would be. It is very worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment