Relaxing in the Rainforest-Ecuador

Relaxing in the Rainforest-Ecuador
Natalie and Grandma

Friday, November 11, 2011

Working with Polymer Clay

 I finally got one of the pieces that I've been working on for a long time done.  I had the face for the piece done and got it on a filigree then put a coating of resin over it.  I just didn't know what to do with it next.  I found some leaf cookie cutters and decided to use them.  I got the clay mixed and kind of bent the leaves before I cooked them.  I really liked how they turned out.  I put them on a copper necklace base and then added the chocolate ox leaves.  The flower branches came next and I added orange crystals to them.  It really came together when I wrapped the chain around the face and had it hang down over the forehead.  I put a small gem in the center of the forehead as well.  I really love the fall colors in this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment